Friday, May 19, 2006

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Over the last month I have had precious moments that have made me laugh with love and enjoyment as I think of the comments out of the mouths of babes. Thank you, Lord, for humor in the midst of a storm of my life. I have been laughing more and smiling more than usual. Seeing God working in this storm is beautiful.

Precious comment #1 from my nephew:

At dinner they were talking about Aunt Ruth being sick and needing an operation and my nephew said:
"Does Aunt Ruth need a hernia operation like I did?"

Precious moment #2 from a three year old friend:

Some friends of mine were over and we spent some time praying together. At the end their three year old said," Is Ruth sick because she ate too much candy?"

Precious moment #3 from my nephew (6 years old):

He prays for me every night, but one night a few weeks ago he prayed, "Lord, whatever it is in Aunt Ruth's body that is not supposed to be there, just take it out!"

I thank the Lord for these little ones. Please pray for my nieces and nephews and the other little friends in my life, as my illness impacts them. Especially pray for wisdom for their parents who are seeking God on how much to say to them and how to tell them. All my nieces and nephews know I am sick. Depending on their ages some know more or less. They are all praying with their whole hearts for me. Thank you Lord for the prayers and love of these dear little ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home