Saturday, March 31, 2007

SURPISE BLESSING

Dear All,

I went to the Plastic Surgeon on Tuesday (February 27th) for more saline filling for my expander. I was expecting to get filled that day and then two more fillings a month apart and was anticipating surgery most likely in May. The syringe (it is huge) was filled and ready for my doctor to put in. He looked and said we are done. I am not going to put any in today. Your skin can not stretch more. So the date is set for March 16th for the implant surgery. I have been listening and asking lots of questions about saline vs. silicone implants. Due to the risk of autoimmune diseases and connective tissue issues and the fact that the silicone implants just went back on the market in November, I have decided to go with a Saline implant. I fell the other day totally prostate and thankfully God held me up a few inches or else all the work of filling the expander with saline would have been wasted. Thankfully, I did not land on my chest.

I had asked God a few days ago to confirm for me if I should get a Saline implant instead of Silicone. I didn't know that I was having to know which I wanted so soon. I thought I still had several months. But God knew. I felt at peace about saying saline and my doctor confirmed that he felt good. Just last week I heard of several cases of friends having someone they knew who was having autoimmune issues due to silicone implants. The silicone feel the most natural but the unknown health risks are more then I want to risk at this point. I can always change later and insurance will cover it.

Too bad that my nicely healed incisions have to be reopened and go again through the healing process.

I will have day surgery and it is a quick recovery. Can probably go back to work on the 19th but will probably take Monday and Tuesday off to recuperate since I haven't had any rest since this whole journey started over a year ago.

Have to be at the hospital at 6am on the 16th and my operation is at 7:30am.
Pre-op appointment on the 13th at 9:30.

Thanks for your prayers. Keep them coming. I am still on this journey.

Blessings,

Ruth
http://www.ruths-journey.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home