Friday, May 26, 2006

Update #10 Words from Ruth

Dear Friends,
Thanks so much for your continued support, prayers, phone calls, e-mails, love, food, friendship, books, flowers and other gifts of love. It's been great having my Mom and sister here. My mom went back on Wednesday to be with my Dad, whose illness has progressed, and as of last week, he is no longer able to walk and is therefore wheelchair bound. My sister goes back today. I thank the Lord for the support of my aunt and brother-in-law who have taken care of her 4 children while she was here. My sister and I haven't had time together like this in years. It's been nice to have the opportunity for my mom and sister to meet my friends here in Boston. We had a nice supportive group, working as a team since Monday morning, consisting of my mom, sister Debbie, Mike, Rosana (Hosana), and Fausta. They were all able to hear the report from Dr. Christian, with the good news that the operation went well, he was pleased with the results, no lymph node involvement and cancer cells not found. We are waiting for the pathology results from the tumors and further testing of the lymph nodes. - Praise the Lord for a good outcome!! Pastor Pena was also there for a large portion of the day. Fabiola popped in several times as well.
It was nice having visits from different residents - some mistaking my sister for me. When I first got to my room (Thank God for a private room where you don't even know what is happening outside the room), the nurse was suprised when she saw very little swelling and the incisions looked great. Great nursing care.
Tuesday, the nursing care wasn't the greatest and they were going to discharge me at 6:00pm when I had a lot of pain. The decision to go home or not was hard. We decided managing the pain meds at home and sleeping in my own bed was the best choice.
I've been sleeping and resting well, getting used to the implant, been at peace and have been enjoying friends and family. Many times when I'm laying or sitting, I feel nothing major has hapapened to my body. I almost feel everything is the way it always was.
I am enjoying the environment I have to recuperate in. The birds are chirping all day long, the trees and flowers are blossoming around me, with gorgeous view from my large windows. It is quiet and peaceful. I was able to take a walk to the pond yesterday. I enjoyed seeing the white swan in the middle of the pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home