Friday, July 28, 2006

Update and Ready for Third Chemo Treatment

Dear Friends,

Sorry for the delay in keeping you up to date by e-mail. Hope you have been reading the blog to get the updates and see pics.

1. Please especially pray for me tomorrow for my third chemo treatment which is at 10:30am tomorrow (Friday). I pray that it goes like last time which was no problems with my stomach and able to live a fairly normal life (this is a gift so far from God since a leave of absence from work would be no pay and no job security since I have not been there for at least a year so I would get no benefits-at least from an official Human Resources policy. I am thankful for a very supportive boss who is being flexible and my health which is allowign me to continue to work).

2. Pray my potassium levels are back down. It is really tough on this new diet and especially breakfast.

3. Am trying to eat organic and only natural meats (the hormones are conteractive to the chemo treatments)

4. I am thankful for a great appetite and in fact I gained two pounds (not what I need but for me in this situation a good thing that I am not loosing)

5. Started loosing my hair just before the second treatment. Went a week ago Tuesday to get fitted for the wig and took one home which was a blessing since I couldn't wait 7-10 days for a wig due to already having lost so much hair. I would say that the process of loosing the hair has been probably one of the hardest parts of my journey. It has been so far a two week process. I have about 1% still. I also have my eyebrows still. I am anxious to have my house and car thourougholy cleaned to get rid of all the loose hair. I will soon have a more complete update
and pics on the blog re this experience.

6. Please pray for me to be able to sleep better. I have no problem falling asleep but it is staying asleep. I wake up every couple of hours. I have meds now but I am too afraid to take them due to the side effects. Pray I do not need to take the meds.

7. Physically I am doing remarkably well and at work they say I look great and don't look like I am going through chemo. This is a praise. However, this is also deceptive. On the outside I look great and for the most part most of time feel quite well and forget I am on chemo. But I am and I do feel overwhelmed with juggling everything that needs to be done.

8. Many of you have been asking about my Dad. I got to talk to him a few days ago (he has been asking for me). It was just a minute but a blessing and his voice was very clear. He went into rehab last Friday and then ended up back in the hospital on Saturday due to needing more oxygen then they could give at the rehab. This was a blessing since the insurance started up again. He went back to the rehab a few days ago but eh nursing home part and in what is called "Comfort Care". HIs systems are shutting down. He is communicative, in good spirits,
at peace, and eating better then he every has in his life. He could have days, weeks, or God could even grant months (would be a miracle). We are talking about care for him if he gets to the point when the insurance stops (around 60 days). Please pray for my mom and she is exhausted and is also dealing with all the thoughts and emotions that come with knowing you will soon no longer have here on earth your spouse of close to 50 years. Our prayer is that my dad would not suffer (he is in no pain now) and would pass in his sleep.

Thanks again for all your support and prayers. God is carrying me through. There is no other explanation. May He get all the glory. Thanks too for all of you who have offered to provide meals. So far since I am on a special diet and am feeling well enough so far to be able to cook and am doing well. Will let you all know when and if that changes.

Blessings,

Ruth
www.ruths-journey.blolgspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home