Monday, July 10, 2006

Locks of Love -Before and After Photos (Hair Cut)


On July 3rd I had my hair cut by a Brazilian friend of Rosana’s. We had to borrow a car and pick her up in Woburn which is north of Boston. We brought her to my house. She had cut hair for cancer patients in the past. I thank God for the surprise gift she gave of cutting my hair for free. We made it as fun an experience as possible. She really got into the picture taking which brought out my photo journaling mood. We cut at least 10 inches which was the required amount in order to send the hair for donation (Locks of Love) in order for children’s wigs to be made from my hair. I wanted to have my hair made into a wig for me but the price of $1,000 was a BIT out of my price range. I think God has much better use for those $1,000 and for my hair. I am sharing you the before and after shots and the process. My little special friend Matthias and his mom, Fausta, arrived just before the hair cut. Matthias is 8 and a cancer survivor. He knows what this is all about even though he was very young when he went through loosing his hair. He is always wanting to be there (even for Doctor’s appointments although we haven’t had him there) for me. He keeps telling his mom, “I need to be there. Ruth needs me there to support her.”

I am so touched by my many many little friends who are praying for me. I continue to pray for them as their parents wrestle with how to tell them what is going on with me and how much to tell them. One thing I know, is that all these little friends are praying for me and also helping me in many ways both with showering me with love and helping me in practical ways (watering plants, visiting me, giving me hugs, making me pictures, cleaning my apartment. Thank you Lord for my little friends who fill my life with such joy! Yes, God keeps saying another little one sending up prayers for Ruth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home