Saturday, March 31, 2007

Update on My Operation

Dear All,

Thanks for all of your support and prayers this past week and always. It was a busy week with three hours of interview on Wednesday afternoon (was quite exhausting) and a second interview on Thursday. Was trying to focus on getting ready for the operation but was also involved with interviewing.

The operation went very well. Spent some time in the chapel praying together and reading Psalm 34 since we were 15 minutes early. At 6 am everything started. Dr. Orgill met us right away and looked very fresh. They were ready in the operating room early so they wisked me away and the operation started I believe around 7:20 am and finished about an hour later. They all said I looked better after the operation then before. Two answers to prayer: The surgeon being refreshed and me being refreshed. Didn't want to wake up but once I did was met by two of my Anesthesiology friends. One met me before the operation too. All of the nurses were great too. Then my mom and two friends rejoined me and we took our time in getting ready to leave the recovery room. I was able to walk steady and felt quite strong. When we got out to the car, there was an issue with my friends car keys that were missing. Thankfully, she had another set of keys and my valet parker friend was able to intervene to find the attendent who parked her car and we got the keys. So nice to run into friends along the way. Makes the place feel even more friendly. Got home just as the storm was beginning. Was home before noon.

I am not having any pain. The incision was very small and was part of the original incision. I was glued together instead of stiched together. I took one oxycodone last evening in order to make sure I would not wake up in pain and not be able to catch up with it. I had toruble sleeping but had no discomfort. We had quite a storm here and it was noisy all night. In many ways I feel better then I did before the operation. The expander was getting uncomfortable. I can comfortable move my whole body. The implant does not feel heavy. I don't feel like anything has changed except it is more comfortable and soft.

Please pray for the continual emotional healing for me, for the incision to heal well, to protect me from infection, to help me to be able to rest and let others take some of the responsibilities, to not think about work until next Wednesday (except to do payroll), for the anesthesia to be totally out of my system, for me to feel myself again, for me to not feel sitr crazy and bored (was unknown to me until this past year) which I am feeling now.

Thanks for the many encouraging e-mails that you have sent and for your prayers and support.

Praising God for a successful operation that went smoothly, quickly, and for no pain. God is faithful. He promised that He would be glorified through my illness and He has.

For His Glory,

Ruth
www.ruths-journey.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home