Friday, June 16, 2006

Beyond the Boundaries of Bed

I has not been spending much time in bed even at night. I even prefer sleeping in the big comfortable chair in the living room or on the couch at night. I have just gone back to my regular bed a few days ago.

You all have probably wondered if I ended up going to the conference? Well, Friday June 2nd was an exciting day. After my first shower (yeah) I and my sister headed off to Quincy where I surprised everyone by showing up at the ACMI conference. I went right away to my first session (2pm) which was already in progress and was able to participate and present during the last half hour. It was great to receive lots of hugs (fine as long as it is on the correct side). It is hard to not be able to give my usual firm German handshake. Then I went to the second workshop which was at 3pm on Immigration matters. I presented with an Immigration Lawyer from Minnesota who I had never met before. I stood up and started presenting with no outline and things just flowed. I didn't get nervous or wonder what people were thinking. God was my mouth piece and Bob and I worked so well together. It was in the strength of the Lord and not in my own. "In my weakness He is made strong" I felt great and energized by being at the conference. It is always like a family reunion with friends from all over the country getting together. I stayed for an awsome evening program. I kept thinking I should be home in bed but I was wide awake and felt I could listen to the speaker for ever. My sister and I have been sharing the exciting testimonies we heard with all who stop by the house or call. We won't tell you what time we arrived home that evening!!! It was late enough that Rossana borrowed a car and drove over to see if something was wrong.

I ventured out to church on Sunday (June 4th) with my sister driving me to Newton Pres and then I drove my sisters van to church in the evening which is close to the house (this was another opportunity too share publicly with the church how things are with my health and again I felt God was my mouth piece in Spanish and in English as my voice was different and flowed freely with no nervousness. However, my sister is gone now and all I have is my own car which is a standard and would be a challenge for me to drive yet. So I feel a bit chained to the house but that is probably a good thing that I am not freely bouncing around town yet. I do have needs especially for rides to and from work. Please let me know if you are able to help out in anyway with this need (617-277-2528 or 617-291-8460).

Then on Wednesday I was asked to present for a group of about 30 people at Emmanual Gospel Center's staff meeting. I got a quick overview of the proposed new immigration law since that was my role to present. Because of the operation I basically just showed up with the article and built the presentation based on those who spoke before me and bridged what they said with what I was asked to share and wanted to share. Things again flowed. I am learning to rely more on the Lord and not spend tons of time trying to be "perfect" and cover everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home