Tuesday, October 03, 2006

5th Chemo Session

Dear Friends,

This will be a quick update. Sorry for the sparse additions to the blog spot lately. With chemo, work, life, and my dad's passing away it has been busy. The funeral was a real celebration of my dad's life. It was a very special time at home with family and friends. Thank you all for your support and prayers for me and my family. I will tell you all more about that time at home soon.

Pray for me especially tomorrow and the next days as I start the second half of my chemo treatment. It is taxol. Since I have done really well so far they expect that I will also tolerate this quite well. The last couple of days I forget that I am in chemo therapy. However there are many things to do. Please pray for peace for me as this treatment sounds like it has more possible side effects. I was used to the last treatments and what to expect. This is a whole new set of procedures. I start with taking streroids this evening and again tomorrow morning and then everything starts at 9am. With the other treatment I have felt fine and able to function the whole time. Pray that I will not have much side effects and especially the expected two days of moodiness. Pray for those who are around me for their patience as well as mine. I also find myself a bit clumsy (breaking and dropping things more then usual), sensitive, and sometimes a bit of chemo brain (not too bad though).

I found out yesterday that they still want me to receive the shot the day after the treatment. I am still trying to find a person to administer that for me since it was last minute that I found out.. By the way the treatments have been changed from every Friday for four weeks to every other week for a total of four treatments over the 8 weeks. Also, if any of you are available during days to be on call in case I should need some coverage (so far I have been feeling fine and even been able to cook) for these next two months which might be different. Just let me know.

Thanks again for all of your support and hope you are having a nice summer. I have been able to enjoy some golfing again which is great therapy for my arm (not pain or discomfort) as well as a great way to be out in nature and relax from all of the responsibilities and overwhelm.

Blessings,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home