Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ready for 7th Chemo Treatment

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts with me on this journey. I am way behind in updating the blog, but I will get there. I am anxious to be at the end of this road. I need to persevere. It is hard when you see the end so close. I want to run ahead and get there now, but I must be patient.

I will have my second to last treatment (at least I think so) tomorrow. Pray for me as I go for my blood work today. I have a bump on the inner part of my arm which I am not sure will interfere with the blood work or IV tomorrow. Have to find out what it is. My chemo is at 1:30pm tomorrow and finishes 5 or 6 hours later. Please pray that I will not feel so restless during the treatment. I can't get comfortable but usually at some point finally fall asleep for a bit due to the drugs.

This drug, taxol, which I thought was going to be easier has been rougher. My stomach has been fine but sometimes no specific food interests me. I can't wait to eat what ever I want. I can't have acidic, spicy foods. NO tomato base. TIred of bland foods (not totally). I thankfully have not been having insomnia, yet a few restless nights and back aches. Feeling still strong in legs and arms and body. The hard part is the emotions. Also the first week I felt very unmotivated, overwhelmed, didn't want to have any responsibility. But because I do have responsibilities with work I have to persevere and maybe that is a good thing (but I don't like the last minute stresses when I can't always produce at that moment-hard stuff even when I am well but harder when my emotions are where they are). Still doing other things than work to keep me balanced, living a normal life and giving me positive energy. God helps me to keep perspective. Haven't been able to relax. Not tired during the day. Work keeps me too much of feeling responsibility. The few times I have tried to nap I haven't been able to fall asleep. I still don't look like I am in chemo. I still have my eye brows but my eye lashes are very thin.

Been a tough week trying to getting a grant.

Blessings,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home