Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Update after 7th Chemo Treatment

For various reasons I have not updated the blogspot since the end of July. You will see lots of new entries even though many are after the fact. Also, check the archives for ones sent previously. I have been having some problems uploading pictures but hope it will work as before and you can see some pics of me. www.ruths-journey.blogspot.com

Dear Friends,

I am getting ready for my eighth chemo treatment which is my final treatment. The 5th is the date of the final treatment. I have been ready for several weeks to be finished but have had to wait patiently. I must admit that is has in some ways gone very quickly and I am so thankful to God that I have not had the side effects that many have and my body has received the chemo quite well. I know that for other types of cancer the chemo is more intensive and for a much longer period of time. There have been many positive outcomes both physically, emotionally, lifestyle, mentally, spiritually, etc. I do feel strong. In God’s waiting room I am waiting for what He has for me after I recover. I feel that I am getting ready to start another new chapter and journey but not yet sure of the details or when.

Thanks for your prayers for me regarding the bumps on my arm. I had a great unexpected appointment with my Oncologist NP and we sorted out many things. She sent me for an ultrasound to rule out blood clot or problems with my veins. All was fine so I was able to have my chemo as planned. The bumps (inflammation) are still there but don’t hurt as much and interestingly enough are on the opposite side of the mastectomy.

During this appointment, I again reminded them that I have a reaction to Benadryl. My fifth and sixth treatments which are with Taxol they give Benadryl. I became very agitated, antsy, uncomfortable, felt like crawling out of my skin. Couldn’t sit comfortably and peaceful. They thought it was anxiety. I knew it was the drugs. I found out that the sixth treatment my oncologist came in because I was really reacting. She talked to me and my mom for ½ an hour and I do not remember ever seeing her or talking to her. My NP looked up Benedrly and sure enough restless leg syndrome and another symptom I was having were listed. So last week they did not give me Benadryl and what a difference. I also felt much better after the treatment in many ways. The hardest part is the mood swings and lack of motivation. I have many days that I have really been able to focus and get lots of work done and am very energetic and am thankful for those days. Been a little more tired this time but still not at all what others face. This week I have taken some naps. I am thankful to the Lord for providing strength on a daily basis helping me to accomplish things that I have to. God has multiplied my time and I have seem him give me supernatural ability to focus and accomplish things quickly then I would be able to on my own.

Thanks for your continual pray and support. Please pray that I have patience when I am not feeling my usually go getter energetic self and also patience with dealing with the moodiness. It is not fun for me or others around me. Pray for patience for them too and to know that when the treatments are over I will be back to a more predictable Ruth.

Blessings,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home