Sunday, June 03, 2007

Punk Rocker???? Surfer????

I retired my wig mid February. It took a lot of courage and yet afterward it felt sooooooo good. I finally have my own hair again. It is thick and a nice color (pretty much like before). It is not grey like I was fearing. The shadows that it made as it was coming in both on my scalp and under my eyebrows made me fear that it was coming back grey, but those were just shadows. Everyone likes my hair short and thinks I should keep it this way. I never would have worn my hair this way if I had to choose but it is fun to present myself totally differently. An image quite different for conservative Ruth. I have been called a surfer and a punk rocker. Some people have not recognized me at first. I have also ran into people I haven't seen in years and they recognize me even with my short hair. I went to have it styled and then no more wig from that moment on. Go to the blogspot to see pictures of me getting my hair cut and of my hair at different stages.

I know many of you have expressed that you are anxious to see how I look. One of my friends came by the other day to help out with some things and she had to take a picture of my hair for her children who wanted to see my hair. Many of my small little friends were concerned about my hair and have prayed faithfully for my hair to come back. Yes, my hair is back and growing very quickly and thick. Thanks for your prayers.

www.ruths-journey.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home