Friday, June 30, 2006

Phase Two-the Big Day Chemo Treatment #1

Dear Friends,

Just quick update. Today is my first chemo treatment. At 9:30 I need to be there and at 10 the actually treatment starts. Will be done by 1 or 2. My oncologist and I decided to move ahead even with myh dad's condition. Please pray for none or minimal side effects. I can take pain and stuffiness when I am sick but feeling not good int eh stomach is the worst. God has provided Fausta to be with me from 9:30 to 12 and then my Aunt Virginia will be with me for the rest of the treatment and to drive me home and be with me inteh afternoon. Then Rosanna will be with me the rest of the weekend. I thank each of my angels and all of you whose thoughts and prayers are with me. Plans got changed last minute but God so easily provided my Aunt unexpectedly. My each person be blessed as they walk beside me this day and each of you too.

I spent my evening before Chemo relaxing away from everything. Was out on the golf course at Franklin Park in the middle of nature. Only two of us and the rolling hills, beautiful breezy weather, the singing birds. We rented a golf cart for the first time so I would not get tired out. It is so relaxing to be in nature away from the hustle and bustle or responsibilities and phones and e-mail. Went out for dinner afterwards and the place was louder then the last time we had been there. What a contrast to the peaceful quiet nature we had juset left but maybe it was loueder to use due to the contrast. Anyway, it was a very nice evening and a great way to spend the evening before my chemo.

Dad's condition is not stable. Things are very tough but he was responsive yesterday. The younger nephews including David who was visiting from California had a chance to see my dad yesterday eventhough he was in ICU. They were begging to see their Grandpa. Pleae pray for wisdom and for my dad to respond with his wishes (even in his condiiton) as we have many very tough decisions to make regarding his health and coming days.

Have a nice 4th of July weekend. I'll update you soon as to how things are going;

Ruth

www.ruths-journey.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home